At times, you might need to mount an ISO file to view the contents of the ISO file, or may be, you might want to mount a Windows OS ISO file to quickly copy ISO contents to create a bootable USB flash drive. Though Windows 7 doesn’t support ISO mounting out of the box, there are some good free utilities to mount an ISO file.
In general, one needs to burn the ISO file to CD/DVD to view and use the contents of the ISO file. But if you don’t want to burn the ISO to a CD/DVD, you can use third-party tools such as Virtual CloneDrive to easily mount ISO files.
UTLRA ISO is a completely free and easy-to-use ISO image mounting software for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. It can easily mount .CCD, .BIN, .UDF, .ISO, .IMG, and .DVD files.
How to use it:
- Download and install the software from here.
- Install and Open the ULTRA ISO tool, It will create a Virtual Drive in My PC.
- Now Right Click on Virtual Disk and Click on Mount.
- Now Browse and Open the ISO File.
- The ISO is mounted successfully into the Virtual Drive you created Above.